10 Amazing DIY Home Decor Projects & Craft Ideas
1) Antique Style TableLet’s start off our list of top 10 cheap DIY home decor projects with one of my favorites; a floating antique style table. What I love most about this project is that it’s extremely easy to make yet, once finished, it looks absolutely stunning. All you need to make your own floating table is a shelf and a paintbrush (and some painting skills). Source: Decoholic[/caption] The first thing you’ll have to do is paint the antique-style table legs onto your wall. If you are not such a good artist, you can also choose to use a Vinyl Decal. These stickers can be simply pasted onto your wall and look almost as good as a regular paint job. Once the bottom part is done, take your shelf and attach it to the wall. Once in place, your antique floating table is ready for use. This DIY home decor project is guaranteed to look great in any room of your household.
2) DIY CandlesThis DIY project is very simple yet it offers you to a great way to add some personal touch to your home decor. Making your own DIY candles is fun, easy, and it allows you to recycle leftover materials. All you need for this project are some candle wicks, leftover candle wax, and some empty metal tins. Making your own DIY candles takes several hours so make sure you are free in the afternoon before starting this DIY home decor project. Nevertheless, it’s a fun little project that you can do with your friends or family members. To find out exactly how to make these candles step-by-step, please check out our previous article on DIY candles.
3) Watercolor your WallsThe way you decorate your walls tell a lot about you and your personality. Nevertheless, they are often underestimated and most of us simply paint our walls in one single boring color. Many of us do not think about it that walls actually offer a great way to express yourself. Painting your walls is probably one of the best and most inexpensive ways for you to redecorate your interior. And as we all know, there are many styles and color options available, however, it’s one of the simplest ones that really blew our mind; watercolor wall paintings. by Etsy[/caption] Using watercolor wall decoration has been around since 2015. And although the idea itself is simple, the results are absolutely stunning! Have a look in our previous article on watercolor wall paintings and see the pictures for yourself!
4) DIY Wine RackA wine rack is one of those cool and fancy pieces of decoration that can really add some style to your home. The problem is, however, that these little accessories usually do not come cheap! So, why not make one yourself? Building your own wine rack is very simply which makes it one of our favorite DIY home decor projects. Source: Homedit[/caption] All you need to build your own wine rack is a leather strap, needle, glue, screws, several pieces of hardwood, a drill, and some clamps. More information on how to put this puzzle together can be found in this interesting tutorial.
5) Floating BookshelfAre you just like me and just love to read a book? Then this DIY home decor project will be perfect for you! With this project, you’ll be able to create a floating book shelf out of books themselves! Not only does it look cool and original, it also creates an eye catching illusion that is sure to impress your family and friends. All you need for this project are corner brackets, Velcro tape, and some short screws. To install your invisible bookshelves, first use your drill and screws to attach the corner brackets to your wall. Now, take the Velcro tape and place one side at the bottom of your corner bracket and the second side at the inside of the rear-cover from a book. Now, attach the rear cover of the book to the bottom of the corner bracket as shown on the picture and use the rest of the book’s pages to cover the wall bracket. Once this book is in place, you can pile up more books on top of it to create your own floating bookshelf.
6) Chalkboard Wall PaintChalkboard wall paint has been around for years now but it still treats us to lots of fun! With this paint, you can turn any wall into your own chalkboard. All you need is a can of paint and you’ll be ready to go. The best part of this paint is that it does not only allow you to draw on it, it’s also magnetic! This offers you even more ways to be creative. Source: Pinterest[/caption] Creating your own chalkboard with wall paint is a great idea for in a kid’s bedroom, playroom, or kitchen. You can use it to write down shopping lists, to-do tasks, or to hang small magnetic items such as metal flower pots and spice jars.
7) Mosaic CD MirrorDo you still have tons of old CD’s left at home and do not know what to do with them? Well, why not turn them into your own DIY mosaic mirror! This is one of the easiest DIY home decor projects but it sill looks absolutely amazing once finalized. All you need to build your own mosaic CD mirror is a large but thin wooden plank, several old CD's that you do not need anymore, super glue, and, of course, a mirror. Simply glue the mirror in the center of the wooden plank. After this, take your old CD’s and break them into smaller pieces. Glue the pieces one by one around your mirror to create a stunning mosaic effect. You can use different type of CD’s in order to get a different color effect all over your mosaic mirror. The end result will be truly incredible!
8) Wine Cork Jewelry RackWith this DIY home decor project, you’ll be able to easily turn some leftover wine corks into a stylish jewelry rack. All you need is a long wooden plank, some wine corks, paint, and glue. Source: Well It's Ok[/caption] When you have collected all your items, take your wine corks and paint them in any color of your liking. After the corks have dried, you can use some super glue and attack them to the wooden plank. Give it a couple of minutes, and your home made jewelry rack will be ready for use. This DIY project may seem simple but believe me, the end-result is sure to impress.
9) DIY Drawer DividersThis DIY project might be less visible to your visitors but still, it’s extremely useful! Everybody hates messy drawers but organizing them sometimes seems to be nearly impossible. The answer: drawer dividers. You can buy a drawer divider in the shop, but why not make on yourself? It is fun, easy, and, most importantly, it can save you some cash. Source: Homedit[/caption] For this DIY home decor project, all you need is a cardboard box and box cutter. Use your box cutter to cut out four strips of cardboard that are precisely the height and length of the inner side of your drawer (2x horizontal, 2x vertical). Source: Homedit[/caption] Now, decide how you want to separate your drawer. After this, place the cardboard strips in place. As you will notice, there will be four points on which the different cardboard strips will cross each other. At these places, you’ll have to use your box cutter to cut out a slim strip out of your cardboard strip so that you can slide them into each other. (see picture above) After this, simply put the strips in place, and you’ll be all set.
10) DIY Paper Flowers
It’s spring time so let’s finish off our list of top 10 DIY home decor projects with something nice and colorful! These DIY tissue paper flowers are sure to add an extra pop to your interior. If you’re interested in making these beautiful home decor pieces for yourself, you can check out the following step-by-step tutorial on how to do so. It might seem a little but complicated at first, but the end result makes it all worth it! And there you have it - our top 10 DIY home decor projects. Which one of the above mentioned craft ideas is your favorite? Or do you have any other do it yourself ideas you’d like to share with us? If so, please leave us a message in the comment section below. And of course, don’t forget to follow our DIY blog where we’ll upload more fun DIY projects and ideas on a weekly basis!