25 Reasons to Love Yourself
Rui Chen | 3 minutes (400 words) Our favorite time of the year is around the corner: Valentine's Day! Valentine's Day is time for love. But what is love? My 13-year-old sister defines love as “the urge to gift all the roses in my backyard for the one without reward”. Of course, the beginning of love is pure and sweet, it may flourish from a simple “hello”. But as you grow up, you might find that love always starts with loving yourself.
Loving yourself is totally different from narcissism or selfishness. Self-love is the ability to accept, connect and get along with yourself. We have compiled a list of 25 reasons why it is important to love yourself.
25 REASONS TO LOVE YOURSELF1. You are your 24/7 best friend.
2. Self-love can help you look and feel younger.
3. Loving yourself enables you to build good self-esteem and strong confidence.
4. Strong self-love can make you glow, just like you do from romance.
5. You intend to make healthier decisions.
6. Self-love improves your self-image.
7. Self-love changes your opinion of your own.
8. When you love who you are, you accept who you are.
9. If you love yourself, you are more likely to have a better family life.
10. When you love yourself, the things you desire will inevitably be drawn into your life.
11. The more you love yourself, the more you trust yourself.
12. Loving yourself makes you more attractive.
13. Self-love motivates taking good care of your health.
14. Love yourself to keep you hungry for life.
15. The world’s beauty will unfold for you.
16. You become a happier person through self-acceptance.
17. You become grateful for the smallest of things.
18. You no longer waste your time wishing to be someone else or have a different life.
19. You naturally want to make healthier choices for your body.
20. Self-love is spiritual.
21. The more you love yourself, the stronger your faith becomes.
22. Unconditional self-love gives you the strength and courage to try new things.
23. It’s like a safety net; a minimum height below which you will never fall.
24. Success doesn’t bring self-love; self-love brings success.
25. Self-love attracts love.
Does love start with loving oneself? What do you think of these 25 reasons? Let us know in the comment section below.
"Don't forget to fall in love with yourself first" – Carrie Bradshaw
P.S: Valentine's Day Sales are ON! Use the code LOVEMONTH at checkout to get additional 15% off sitewide (except Outlet Collection)
Editor: Eloisa Latorre | Jan.27, 2018